Thursday 15 March 2012

Lightning & Any Colour You Like.

The Lightning is finished. Well I say finished, it is as far as I'm concerned. I've missed the missiles off, simply because the parts that connect the missile to the plane didn't fit well and I couldn't be arsed pissing about. I also had Decal issues, the main being the long white strips that run along the wings broke up in to small pieces so I had to bodge them to look the best I could and there were a hell of small ones, very small in fact and extremely fiddly for my great plates for hands. So, I've called it a day with this. I'm happy with it though considering.



I am tempted with another Ligning though, a 1/48 scale. Never done on in that size. Shall see how the funds go.

I'm a music head, as I've mentioned before and sometimes a tune comes from nowhere and gets inside my head and wont go away. I got a free CD with Mojo magazine a few months ago. It was to coincide with the re-release of the Pink Floyd special edition albums. Most of it was rubbish but two tracks stuck out. This one by comedian Matt Berry, who you would have seen in The Mighty Boosh, Garth Marenghi's Dark place and many other things. He's also a musician and did this cover of "Any Colour You Like" from Darkside of the Moon. I rather like it.



He also does this:



Funny!

The other track by The Last Hurrah!! "Great Gig In The Sky" contains some really nice guitar. It's not really that different from the original but has their "sound" injected.

No comments:

Post a Comment